Thursday, April 10, 2014

Frozen Prequel vs. Frozen Sequel

Disney's Frozen has been one of the most successful films in its history and probably one of the most memorable ones I will know in my life time. The uniqueness of the film was what had made it such a hit. A queen who only wants to protect others from her powers. A princess who only wants to reunite with her sister. A seemingly perfect guy. An arrogant loner with only a reindeer for companionship. And a sidekick who knew what to say and when to say it. All in all, awesome.


However, Frozen did leave a lot of questions as to what comes next or where this started. If you noticed in the film, only Elsa happened to have these ice powers. Why don't either of her parents have it? Why doesn't Anna have it? Could this possibly mean that Elsa has an ancestor with similar abilities? Does this mean that Disney is planning a prequel that explains these ideas in depth?


Or could this mean that they're planning a sequel instead? If Elsa could control ice then are there others like her? Could a person like this become a potential love interest for Elsa? I found it strange that such an amazing person was unable to find love in her film. I know it wouldn't be the first time (Duhh... Merida!) but I just felt that she of all people deserved love. Maybe this person with an elemental power could be a second foe. And what about Kristoff and Anna? Will we get to see their wedding? Or will we just pass up the wedding and cut straight to the kids? Maybe one of Anna's children will have ice powers or another element.



Honestly, I would love for both projects to go through. But I wouldn't want the prequel to be a full out movie, I think it would be overdone. The sequel could by all means be a cinematic production. What do you guys think? Any expectations for upcoming Frozen propaganda? Leave me a comment. Thanks for reading!




1 comment:

  1. The amount of childhoods raised around Disney...

    Sometimes I even find it impossible to HATE Disney even when they go out there and change things that I don't want to be changed (LIKE WHEN THEY BOUGHT MARVEL AND EVERYONE WANTED DISNEY DEAD*).

    I may not have many memories with Disney or Disneyland (and I already know that your experiences far surpass mine, since Disney isn't quite my ball park), but I can certainly tell when I've seen a Disney enthusiast.

    +1

    ReplyDelete