Saturday, April 12, 2014

Possible Disney Fairy Tale Adaptations Involving Disney Princesses

So far, Disney has based most of its movies on fairy tales. Of course, with the exception of modern films such as Brave. But now that I think about it, I should start suggesting some fairy tales I would personally enjoy Disney adapting. I'll begin with possible Disney Princesses and then I'll branch off.


Swan Lake
The story of Swan Lake is quite similar to The Little Mermaid. A woman posing as the heroine in order to sabotage the love between her and her prince. I figured Disney could just make this without the two heroes dying along with the foes. The only movie I know of that made an adaptation was a Barbie film. To me, those don't really do it justice.


Besides, Odette would make such a pretty princess.

The Princess and the Pea
I'm surprised Disney hasn't done this yet. I mean, with all the other Andersen stories they used? This one is a classic! The story is very short and bland so Disney would have very little to work with. Luckily, there have been many modern versions. One of which, includes the princess ordering a servant to take her place while she sleeps in a horse pen to avoid an arranged marriage.


Seeing how they draw out the bed would be fun.

12 Dancing Princesses
This fairy tale actually makes the princesses look like the "bad guys" but I figured Disney could just flip the roles. However, the big pitfall I'm seeing is that I don't think that Disney is ready to conjure 12 different princesses and pile them up into one movie. Just now, they decided to place two instead of one in a movie. The leap from a pair to a dozen would be overwhelming and uncalled for. Again, the Barbie film didn't work for me.


Just think of this... All at once.

Snow White and Rose Red
I think that in order for this film not to cause any confusion with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is to change the names around. Now that they have recently placed two princesses in the same film it should be of no difficulty other than creating a plot. Or we could just cut off Snow White altogether and focus the film around Rose Red. I didn't like how this story's Snow White married the prince who had been cursed. It really makes Rose Red's outgoing and active personality seem unattractive. Snow White was shy and quiet and therefore the preferable bride. I don't know, I think it promotes the idea that wives are merely there for decoration.


It could even be a live action movie like Enchanted.


One Eye, Two Eyes, Three Eyes
What I like about this is that at the end, the optically impaired sisters begged for forgiveness. I don't know why, but I think that must have stroked little Two Eyes' ego. But, I think the time for fairy god mothers is over so this probably won't go through. It could still happen though...


This drawing is especially good at summing it up.

I will be posting another five fairy tales I would want Disney to translate into screen. Honestly, I would want Swan Lake to be a Disney movie because it just has the most magical aura and what's Disney without magic? Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment and tell me your opinion.









1 comment:

  1. I think Wild Swans is far better choice for Disney than Swan Lake, but considering the dark theme of the tale, it would work only with 90s renaissance era

    ReplyDelete